Greatouch Infrared(IR) touch screen operate on the mechanism of infrared LEDs arranged in arrays on two adjacent bezel edges of the PCB with photo sensors placed on the two opposite edges functioning as transmitters and receivers. The LEDs emit infrared rays simultaneously to form a grid of rays across the display. When the user wishes to send a signal through touch, he/she can do so by interrupting the light beams with a physical object. Since every infrared LED is independent, the touch screen is able to achieve positioning by analyzing the decrease in light at the corresponding photo sensors. The signal is then processed by the control circuitry and sent to the PC for the coordinates of the touch event to be displayed on screen or to be utilized by other software for relevant signal operation.
IR Dual Touch Screen Main Feature:
1. Single-touch and Dual-touch
2. High stability without drift, free from the affects to time and environment change
3. High suitability free from the interfere of currency, voltage, and static due to the complicated environment
4. High light transmittance reach as high as 100%, No film overlay, preserves optical clarity
5. Long service life, vandal- and abrasion-resistant, Scratch Resistant, Water/Dust Resistant screens, ideal for rugged applications
6. Easy activation, no touch pressure is required; no special material is required for touch activation; any material, whether soft or hard, whether conductor or nonconductor can be used as an activating stylus.
7. IP65 Waterproof, Full sealed design
1. Point-of-information kiosks 2. Electronic catalogs 3. Gaming, POS, ATM, lottery, and amusement 4. Industrial control rooms 5. Computer-based training